LoadReportDefinition OR ReportEmbeddedResource???

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:09 PM
Hi.

First off, incredible job! This project is fantastic, many thanks!

I'm trying to load a report file ".rdlc" from an embedded resource located in a satellite assembly. I've accomplished this successfully and oddly enough can render the report as pdf, xls, etc. but now the report will not display in the iframe. All I get is a blank page; no errors?

Do you know what I might need to change in your solution to allow report file to be loaded from a resource file instead of a local report file in my web application project?

ReportViewer reportViewer
reportViewer.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Local;
reportViewer.SizeToReportContent = true;
reportViewer.Width = Unit.Percentage(100);
reportViewer.Height = Unit.Percentage(100);
reportViewer.LocalReport.EnableHyperlinks = true;

Assembly assembly = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
Stream stream = assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("MyFullAssemblyName.MyFolders.Report1.rdlc");
stream.Position = 0;

//reportViewer.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "MyFullAssemblyName.MyFolders.Report1.rdlc";
reportViewer.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition(stream);

Setting via Stream works fine. Again, I can render to disk but report will NOT display in iframe.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2015 at 2:39 AM
Hi,

I'm glad you like the project, thanks for the feedback.

In regards to this issue, let me take a look at the code and I'll try to have a solution for you as soon as possible.
May 19, 2015 at 2:17 PM
Edited May 19, 2015 at 2:18 PM
Thanks!

Off topic.... I am unable to make any modifications to the project in my environment (VS Community 2013).

If I attempt to change anything in your source code the project no longer builds throwing a "ScriptManager" error.

Do you know if there are any environment specific components, etc. that I need to be able to modify and rebuild?

Thanks again!

Ian